Hey y’all, Cassie here! It’s been a while since I’ve posted, being that I was across the pond and I promise I have a lot to share with y’all soon, but today I am sharing something quite fun!
In order to really get immersed in the blogging world, it’s important to share your blog with others, communicate with fellow bloggers & encourage your peers! I think finding the community and fellowship within the blogging community is SO important and I’m thankful to have been able to to talk to so many fellow college bloggers, and enjoy reading their work! That being said, and in the heart of uplifting the peers of the blogosphere, I’ll jump into the heart of this post: The Liebster Blogging awards!
Now to explain the award:
The Liebster Blogging Award is an award for bloggers that is based on peer nomination- nomination by fellow members of the blogosphere! How sweet is that! What a way to spread positivity and encouragement to fellow bloggers!
The rules are simple: You either accept or decline the award. If you accept, you’re to write a post about it that includes the following:
-11 facts about yourself
-Answer the 11 questions at the end of your nominator’s post
-leave 11 questions for your nominees to answer
-nominate 11 bloggers for the award!
It’s as simple as that!
Now, I’ll jump right into it!
11 Facts About Me:
1. My great great grandfather was the governor of Texas!
2. I danced for 11 years in multiple styles of dance, but tap is my favorite!
3. This is ironic because I am a blogger, but I’m not great with technology and prefer pen & paper any day.
4. I love to travel, I always want to see new places and meet new faces!
5. I prefer salty foods to sweets.. so I don’t eat much chocolate.
6. I have an extra bone in my back!
7. I am not a fan of sappy romance movies, unless they are musicals (musicals are my weakness).
8. I’m absolutely obsessed with marvel comics
9. I’m a nursing major & I would really love to one day be a military nurse.
10. I sing far too often for someone who wasn’t given the best singing voice.. but still, I sing on.
11. I love to talk about God & am available to do so with anyone whenever necessary- like I said, I love to!
Kristen’s 11 Questions:
1. When/Why did you start blogging? I started blogging about a year ago when I was graduation high school. I started my blog as a creative outlet for myself, as well as to keep family and friends updated on my college life and thoughts about God, the world and other things.
2. Why have you continued blogging? (how have your reasons changed?) I kept my blog going because I want to share what I’ve constantly been learning in my new life outside of high school, and I’ve also experienced some community within the blogosphere thanks to bloggers like Kristen who share platforms and send encouragement to me on my blog! I’ve seen so much growth on my blog and really enjoy working on it to de-stress, and I find it’s a great catalyst to sparking conversations about God with people!
3. Who’s your best friend? How long have you known them? What quality do you like most about them? Okay, this is going to sound like such a “Sunday school answer,” but in all honestly, God is my best friend. I’ve known him pretty much all of my life, but I’ve truly experienced his greatness over the past couple years. I love that is always here and looking out for me. I love knowing he has a plan for me and that plan will pan out. I love that he forgives me of all of my wrongdoings, no matter how bad they are. I love that he loves me unconditionally, and knowing there’s nothing that could make him love me less is an awesome feeing. I know I let him down daily, but he still lifts me up when I need it, breaks my heart to give me guidance and gives me hope when all hope seems gone.
4. What is one destination on your bucket list? New Zealand, for sure! Have you seen Chronicles of Narnia or the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit films!? It’s so beautiful!
5. Are you a dog person or a cat person? I love dogs a lot. Like a lot. I have 3 at my house and they’re the cutest and I love them.
6. What is your favorite store/clothing brand? J. Crew!
7. What’s one thing you’re going to accomplish this year? (In the next 365 days or in 2017) I’m going to get accepted into the nursing program at my university!
8. Would you ever go skydiving or swimming with sharks? I’d love to go skydiving! (As long as there’s not a sharknado going on!) Swimming with sharks, I’m not too sure about, I’ve seen Jaws a few times.
9. What’s your ultimate vacation? Ooh, I’d really love to visit Ireland and Scotland and visit all of the famous tourists spots, and tour around to see the architecture and natural landmarks!
10. Favorite Dessert? That’s tough.. I’d have to say fresh chocolate chip cookies though, I always enjoy them!
11. Who’s someone you look up to? Savannah Soutas (she’s internet famous, not really a celebrity though) because she made the best of a tough situation, and found God and seeks him constantly. She also isn’t afraid to share her faith and make her belief in God known to her large social media following, which is such a great thing! She and her fiancé are both constantly setting a good example for her young daughter and for the young people that follow them.
1. What is your go-to order at a coffeeshop? non-fat Iced White Chocolate Mocha, yum!
2. What city holds a special place in your heart, and why? Redcar, England.. I just spent two weeks there sharing about my faith and I learned so much about my spirituality while pouring in to others. I had to step waaay out of my comfort zone to connect with the people & I truly experienced what it’s like to let God work through me, because it was my first time in a predominately secular environment, as Texas has a very large Christian community. Redcar is so very special!
3. What is one word that you’d like to engrave on the heart of your younger self? “valued.” I wish I had understood my value and how valued I am by loved ones, and by the creator of the universe.
4. What was the last brave thing you did? Not everyone would think this is brace, but it was very difficult for me.. I shared my full, unfiltered testimony to a congregation in England of people I did not know, as well as some of my college peers. I was completely vulnerable, but it wasn’t my “bravery” that got it done, it was the will of God.
5. Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Why? Okay, so I LOVE the outdoors SO much, but that’s a conflict because I sunburn way too easily for my own good. I’m not a fan of being stuck inside though, so I think it is worth the risk!
6. If you had $500 and only one day to spend it, what would you buy? I’d like to think I’d use it to buy Ed Sheeran concert tickets, but in reality, the show would probably be sold out & I’d use the money to buy textbooks.
7. What is your favorite thing to cook? Share the recipe, please!! Okay, there’s not really a name as this is something I throw together, but I usually call it the “Broke Cowboy’s Skillet.”
All you do is brown 1 lb of ground beef, drain it, season with salt, pepper, cumin & hamburger seasoning to taste & the add a can of baked beans with maple & brown sugar (I usually use Busch’s) & a can of drained kernel corn. Mix it all together and serve on top of cornbread! So easy & so delicious!
8. If you could change your birthdate, would you? What date would you pick? I wouldn’t, I love my birthday! I actually share a birthday with Zach Braff & Candace Cameron!
9. Did you have an imaginary friend as a kid? I can’t say that I did.
10. How do you feel about spiders? As long as they don’t bother me, I won’t bother them. If they’re huge or poisonous though, keep them away from me s’il vous plaît 🙂
11. What is your #1 book recommendation? How can you expect me to pick only one book?? Hmm, I really like “Way of the Seal,” it’s not a “story book,” but it’s very motivating and inspirational!
Questions for my nominees:
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. If money weren’t a factor, what would be your dream job?
3. Do you like to travel or are you more of a homebody?
4. Could you ever see yourself living in another state or possibly country in the future?
5. What’s your motto?
6. If you could eat dinner with any one, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
7. What place would you consider to be your “happy place?”
8. Do you play any sports?
9. What makes you unique?
10. If you made a perfume, what would it be called?
11. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
My Liebster Award Nominees (in no particular order):
1. Kara from
2. Lilly from http://lillyclark.weebly.com/about.html
3. Rachel from rachelsrambles.com
4. Katelyn from theindecisivediva.com
5. Caitlyn from thepremedprep.wordpress.com
6. Mary Faith from maryfaithmartinez.wordpress.com
7. Talisa from shesthatnewgirl.com
8. Lily from lovewyns.blogspot.com
8. Jen from thattgirljenn.com
9. Livi from liviburke.wordpress.com
10. Sydney from https://smarie.org/
11. Anna Leigh from http://adelightedmind.weebly.com/about.html
It’s so important to support and encourage others in the blogging community, and the Liebster awards are the perfect way to do just that! I will be notifying all of nominees in hopes that they’ll continue sharing the fun and positivity that is the Liebster awards! Please check out all of the bloggers I mentioned, they have some really great stuff and I really enjoy reading it!